We are Hiring!
We are looking for a finance executive to expand our Sutton based accounts team.
Croxsons is a fifth generation family firm, with a mere 150 years of history. We work with some of the world’s smallest and largest food, drink and beauty brands, trusted by each to supply their glass bottles, jars and closures. Often fast-paced, never boring, we also work with some of the most recognisable brands, some of the oldest and some of the fasting growing.
Working closely with our accounts colleagues, on the fundamentals of invoicing, stocks, credit control but also on end of month routines, helping prepare management accounts etc. Ideally you will have some financial training and some experience within a commercial team. The role will be a perfect fit for someone looking to progress in their career.
The full job description is below. Please note that this role is mainly office based.
Should this role interest you, this is how to apply. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV, and why we should employ you! Do take the time to have a good look around our website, and let us know what your favourite brand is that we talk about.
Reports to: Financial Controller & Chief Financial Officer
This important role will assist in the execution of key finance duties and provide opportunities to develop strong working relationships across the organisation and with our external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain all necessary records on the Company’s accounting software, including processing of invoices, expenses, receipts, payments.
- To prepare monthly reconciliations of stock figures to third party records.
- To assist with the month-end processes, in particular the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- To set up regular online payments to suppliers for authorisation and assist with cash flow management.
- To identify and post accruals and prepayments and other debtor and creditor balances as required.
- To reconcile purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements.
- To prepare and maintain supporting spreadsheets to analyse the Company’s financial records.
- To maintain and update Fixed Asset Registers.
- To prepare month-end and year-end journals.
- To complete and submit quarterly VAT returns.
- To ensure high-quality financial reporting and circulate accurate reports and analysis throughout the organisation.
- To proactively resolve queries and issues within the Finance function.
- To actively seek to resolve and respond to queries from both the internal sales team and customers & suppliers, in a timely and professional manner.
- To assist with preparing for and ensuring the smooth running of the Company’s annual statutory audit.
- To assist with implementing and maintaining robust financial systems & processes including ongoing review of same to highlight where efficiencies and improvements in processes can be made.
- To develop working relationships and communicate with external stakeholders including customers, suppliers, banking providers, auditors and HMRC, where appropriate.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Financial Controller or CFO.
This Job Description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post-holder may be required to undertake additional duties that are appropriate to its position within the organisation. The post may also change over time to reflect the developing needs of the company.